Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Swap with Jane from Minifanaticus

Hello friends!  I am sorry I have been absent for so long again- I have been hit with a very very bad cold/flu type thing and it just won't seem to let me go.  I'm really hoping that I am on the downhill slide of things now.  Before I got sick I agreed to do a swap with Jane at http://minifanaticus.blogspot.com  I just opened up her package last night and I have to say that she really spoiled me!  Jane sent so many fabulous things- every time I thought I had a favorite the next thing was just as amazing.  I have to share with you what she sent--most of this I am going to use in my future build of a 1960's themed dollhouse.  I think the little cake might find it's way in to my bakery dollhouse :)

First is a little prep board--look at the veggies!  They are perfect!!  I am so in love with this piece, especially because I had a prep board on my list of things to purchase for this house (I am awful at making polymer clay food myself).  This is definitely one of my favorites and I love it so much!
 Jane made me some burnt orange cookware to go in my 60's kitchen.  I love the way they look with the yellow appliances-perfect!
 Beautiful and very realistic fruit and veggie bowl.  I wish I would have taken a better picture of the veggie bowl- it is a wonderful avacado green color with the braided orange rim and just gorgeous.  Looks like it came right from the pages of a 1960's home decorating magazine!
 Here we have some dishes, a fondue pot and some treats.  The fondue pot is also one of my very favorites.  I remember having fondue night when I was a kid.  I know this will be displayed somewhere special when this house gets built.
 Close up of the dishes- don't you just love the daisies on the orange plates?  Love the wooden bowls too!
 Jane made this wonderful buffet type cupboard (I should have looked up the correct word) and all of the vases on the top of it!!  This furniture is going to fit in perfectly!!!
 A cookie jar and low dish for the 60's house!!  Don't they look great on top of the refrigerator?
 Here I used one of the wooden looking bowls Jane made and put a little nutcracker I already purchased for this house in it- LOVE it!
 Another one of my favorites...deviled eggs and a plate of cheese and crackers.  I wish I had taken a better picture of the snack plate- the crackers are perfect!  Little dimples and all!!   Don't you remember deviled eggs for every party back in the 60's and 70's?
 Here is a little bag of beads that Jane sent me that I think I may make into a curtain for the teenager's room or maybe some bottles for a vanity- not sure yet but the colors are perfect.  Jane also sent me a sweet little pink vanity set for the bathroom of this house and somehow I forgot that last picture.  I cannot believe how much she sent and I am so grateful- it was like Christmas and my birthday all rolled into one!!  Thank you so much Jane!!!!
Before I end this post I am going to put up a few pictures of my garden.  There is not much going on but I like to post these so I can go back at the end of the season and have an idea of how things changed and what happened for the year.  Here we are in the middle of May and not much has happened yet- we sure had a strange spring this year.

Chives on May 14, 2013
 Starting the cleanup from last fall.

 The bottom half of the garden- lots of clean up to do here still also.

 The only thing blooming in my yard right now- the daffodils we planted above the septic tank.

 New swing by the firepit.

Hope to start to catch up with all of you again soon now- have a great week!!!

27 comments:

Wyrna Christensen said...

It is quite amazing the soup pot and soups herbs she has made ​​for you. It looks so thoroughly realistic. The vases and the beautiful bookcase is also very beautiful. The small egg plates are just wonderful.
You have also made ​​some very beautiful flowers for Jane. It seems you both have made a really nice swap.
Hope you are feeling better and that the cold has let go.
It is impossible to believe that soon we write 1 June. it's actually scary.
Hugs
Wyrna

Giac said...

Hello Kim,
Those are all just wonderful miniatures. They are so well amde and will look perfect in your project...what a great swap. I look forward to seeing more of your garden.
Big hug,
Giac

Lucille said...

Jane's gifts are amazing. This woman is so immensely talented. Hope you will soon be feeling better. Are you coughing? If so, I always recommend taking syrup with codeine in it. You might need a prescription. Take care.

Mary said...

Great gifts from Jane. I'm also doing a swap with her, now I'm looking foward to it even more after seeing her marvelous minis here. I need to get working on my swap items.
A Big Mini Hug

Liduina said...

Hi Kim, enjoy all the fantastic presents Jane gave you. They fit so perfectly in you sixties house. It's great to see it; brings back good old memories :D

Kim said...

Hi Wyrna! I agree on the soup board- I think it might be my favorite-but it really is so hard to choose. I feel very blessed by so many wonderful items! I also can hardly believe it is almost June- time is flying away from me! hugs to you!!!

Hello Giac :) I hope you are doing well. Thank you for your comment on my garden- hopefully there will be more to see soon. Once it gets warm it is amazing how fast mother nature makes up for lost time :) hugs to you!!

Kim said...

Hi Lucille! I agree that Jane is amazing- I still cannot believe how lucky I am! I am still coughing and right now trying some mucinex--but I may have to give in and go back to the doctor soon if it won't leave. I'm going to try Vicks tonight also- don't know why I didn't remember to try that before this! hugs to you!

Hi Mary! I am so happy to see you- I did not realize you were still blogging! You are going to be so amazed by Jane's minis in real life- pictures don't do them justice. I look forward to seeing what you two swap! Mini hugs to you also!!

Kim said...

Hi Liduina! Jane did do a perfect job of making things for my theme, didn't she? It's so hard to wait to build this house till my others are finished now! hugs to you!!

Maria Ireland said...

Wow your gifts from Jane are amazing. The prep board looks so real. How very talented she is. Congratulations to you both on the wonderful swap.
Hugs Maria

Ilona said...

Dear Kim, yes, Jane spoiled you, she made some fantastic miniatures. How lucky you can use them in your new 60s dollhouse :D!
Regarding your garden: I am looking forward to see more of your garden through the year. Spring was strange here too: all flowers/plants were blooming at the same time!!
Take care for yourself and get well soon.
Hugs, Ilona

Plushpussycat said...

Wow!!!!! All of Jane's gifts are amazing! They're so lovely and perfect for your 1960's house! Not only is Jane talented, but she's also extremely thoughtful. Enjoy everything, and hope you feel better soon! xo Jennifer

Jane Smith said...

Hello honey! I hope your cold is on its way out ;(

Your garden is getting greener ;) nice weather soon to come!!

You are a amazing mini gal, I am glad you enjoy the little groovy fare I sent your way ;P

*hugs*

Steinworks said...

those are so amazing, she really did spoil you and you deserve it for being such a sweetie pie. Hope you are over the flu soon I thought I was but it came back..no fun

Hugs
Marisa :)

Lil said...

All miniatures that has been given to you is so detailed made​​. Very nice work.

Sorry to hear that you have been sick. Hope you feel really good now so you can enjoy the spring.

Lil on Lilsdolls

Elizabeth S said...

Hello Kim! I just paid a visit to Jane and viewed all of the delightful flowers that you made for her! Well Done!
I see that you have some wonderful little things too and they are all so perfect for your 60's kitchen! Boy do I remember the cookie jar on the top of the fridge, and the deviled eggs always served at Tupperware parties!
Cute and Cool! You are going to have so much fun playing with everything. Have fun and I am sorry you are still under the weather, although It must feel good to get your hands dirty in the garden again, Yes?


elizabeth

ittybittyandpretty said...

love love love all of the gorgeous miniatures! hope you are feeling better soon. xx p.s. love the idea of a seat by the fire pit, nothing more relaxing than gazing into an open fire. xx rosey

12Create said...

All the items from Jane are wonderful. They sound like they will fit in well with your 60s project. I look forward to seeing them in your 60s house as your project progresses.

Donna Humphries said...

I love every thing. It all looks so real. A wonderful swap. x

Rosethé said...

de nombreux et merveilleux cadeaux de Jane !
Bonne journée Kim ! rosethé

Val said...

So much talent! Prep boards in miniature always enchant me. :) How lucky you are to have Daffodils still! They're gone here until next spring.

'Hope you feel better soon. ♥

Lindsey Domer said...

Wow! You got some great stuff in the swap! :)

Glad to hear you are feeling better... I seem to have caught what you had. :(

toddlindsey.com

Kim said...

Hi Maria-I think Jane is very talented too- thanks for visiting-hugs to you!!♥

Hi Ilona- I think my spring will be strange also- I don't remember my lilacs ever being this late. I will be sure to keep updating :) I need to weed right now-I'm behind now! hugs ♥

Hi Jennifer! I am feeling much better finally-thank you for your well wishes. Jane is awesome, right? hugs!!!

Hi Jane! I am finally feeling myself again- this one hung on for awhile, didn't it? I can't say enough how much I love all you sent- I need to get working on finishing all my other projects because all I do is dream about the 60's house- now more than ever! Thank you so much again-you rock my friend!!!♥

Kim said...

Hi Marissa-you are so sweet! Thank you for your nice comment- I am feeling so much better finally and I hope you are starting to also. Whatever this was it was not fun and I hope that it's on it's way out for everyone- no one deserves to be sick when the weather finally starts to behave! Healing hugs to you!!!♥

Hi Lil-so nice to see you! Thank you for the well wishes- hope you are having a beautiful spring. hugs to you! ♥

Hi Elizabeth! I squealed with joy when I saw those eggs- aren't they fab?? Thank you for saying my flowers are nice- I really love making flowers :) I'm so happy to be digging in the dirt again I can't even describe it- like a pig in mud :) hugs!!♥

Kim said...

Hi Rosey! I am so happy to see you here! Thank you for the well wishes- feeling so much better now! That swing by the fire pit is my favorite way to spend a weekend night- and some weeknights too :) You are correct-nothing better than relaxing by the fire. Hope you are well! hugs ♥

Kim said...

Hi Sharee-thanks for visiting- I need to get by to see you too! Hope you are having a good spring :) hugs!

Hi Donna! I think I got the good end of this swap- Jane sent me so much! hugs!!

Hi Rosethé! I am spoiled, right? Hope you have a good day too ♥

Hi Val! Wish I could send you some of my daffodils :) I love prep boards too- they are even more amazing in person-such tiny details! I'm feeling so much better-thank you ♥

Kim said...

Hi Lindsey- I am so sorry to hear you have the yuck now too- be sure to rest if you can, drink lots and if the cough starts don't mess around-get the cough syrup. Hope you feel better really soon! Sending healing vibes your way!!!!♥

Cinderella Moments said...

All those gifts! It must be Christmas! Everything looks so beautiful.
I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. I hope you feel better. This spring has been so cold. Hopefully, it's over and the warm weather can stay.
Take good care of yourself.
hugs♥,
Caroline