I have made some small progress on the Steampunk House this week. I added a staircase from the balcony down to the cab of the house. There is no staircase inside the house, so this is how the inhabitants would move from level to level.
I also painted the posts on the balcony silver and painted the wagon wheels. I need to do some aging, but I'm waiting until I'm almost done with the exterior on this side so I can do it all at once.
I started to add some ladder rungs on the outside of the tower that holds the shower. It is slow moving because I can only add so many at a time and then I have to wait for glue to dry.
I made a dresser for the bedroom inside the house and I started on a bed. The dresser started out as an unpainted piece of furniture that I added metal tape and beads to- I'm really pleased with how it turned out. The bed still needs a lot of work. I can see it finished in my head, but I'm still pondering how to get to that finished vision :)
I have not progressed too far on either dollhouse because I am hard at work on my real life library and craft room. The library room is a disaster area- this is about the cleanest shot of progress I can show. I have been painting different colors in the cubbies behind the books.
This next week I'm going to work on The Candy House instead of the Steampunk House so I'll see you next Monday with some progress shots :) Have a creative week!!
♥ Hi, my name is Kim. I live in northern Minnesota with my wonderful hubby and my pomeranian Miko. I love dollhouse miniatures, art journaling, sewing, jewelry making, gardening----I really love to make things and I jump around from project to project a lot! ♥ firstname.lastname@example.org